JUDY M. YOUNG, ESQ.
668 Stony Hill Road Suite 339 • Yardley, Pennsylvania 19067
215-493-6099 • email@example.com
ATTORNEY: Corporate Law, Intellectual Property, Entertainment, Malpractice, Litigation
Talented and accomplished attorney with expertise in commercial transactions, intellectual property, contract, commercial and business litigation, licensing and distribution, labor and employment law, medical malpractice, patent infringement, and other areas. Well-developed negotiation, litigation, presentation, and problem-solving skills. Adept at counseling clients, identifying and resolving issues, and preparing strategies. Previous background in business operations management and finance. Proven ability to manage multi-million dollar acquisitions and due diligence cases.
Corporate Law • Intellectual Property • Commercial Transactions • Medical Malpractice
Commercial & Business Litigation • Negotiations • Licensing & Distribution • Strategic Planning
Labor & Employment Law • Contracts • E-Discovery • Corporate Compliance • Case Analysis
Agreements • Management • Document Preparation • Presentations • Problem-Solving
JUDY M. YOUNG, Yardley, Pennsylvania • 2002-Present
Provide consulting services for law firms and corporations. Serve as Counsel, Litigator, Contract Attorney, and Contracts Specialist. Carry out e-discovery, due diligence, contract evaluations, negotiations, and other functions. Provide legal advice. Clients included Capehart & Scatchard, Dechert LLP, Towers Perrin, Skelton Carter Hall & Company, McCarter and English, Stradley Ronon LLP and 2 legal consulting firms.
Projects and Accomplishments:
- Established Law Offices of Judy M. Young, LLC in January, 2007.
- Arbitrated 8 cases for Bucks County Court of Common Pleas, as court-appointed arbitrator.
- Performed electronic discovery analysis and due diligence for patent infringement litigation case, for global manufacturer of bar and imaging scanners.
- Carried out electronic discovery analyses for international pharmaceutical clients.
- Identified and resolved several client-attorney privilege issues.
- Consulted on defensive case strategy for $100 million litigation action.
- Reviewed domestic and international company contractual agreements.
- Evaluated legal agreements and identified unacceptable legal provisions. Established corporate uniformity for use by Compliance department.
- Drafted and negotiated corporate transactions, including Independent Marketing Contractor Agreements, Confidentiality Agreements, and other legal agreements.
- Advised company executives on corporate transactions, employment issues, litigation, research, and other commercial functions.
- Personally reviewed over 100,000 documents as part of court-ordered discovery action.
INTEGRA LIFESCIENCES CORPORATION, Plainsboro, New Jersey • 1998-2000
Director of Business Development
Held several positions in rapid succession, being promoted from Corporate Contracts Administrator to Human Resource Manager to Director of Business Development for $50 million global medical device manufacturer. Oversaw administration of domestic and international licensing and distribution contracts. Managed HR functions for 458-person company, including employment law, compensation, recruitment, benefits, compensation, diversity, and employee relations. Supervised staff in US, UK, and Puerto Rico. Prepared compliance reports. Represented company before federal and state administrative agencies. Carried out due diligence for M&A activities.
Projects and Accomplishments:
- Drafted and negotiating multi-million dollar commercial agreements for licensing, strategic partnering, joint ventures, confidentiality, supply, material transfer, and vendor contracts.
- Assisted on patent infringement litigation actions and other intellectual property projects.
- Improved efficiency by centralizing contractual practices.
- Coordinated outside counsel on Title VII actions, Family & Medical Leave Act, and 401(k) litigations. Served as in-house investigator for all EEOC complaints.
- Developed company’s international distribution agreements for all products.
- Advised CEO, CAO, and General Counsel on various legal matters and productivity issues.
- Negotiated successful benefit program with insurance brokers, avoiding formation of collective bargaining units in plant. Executed 2 new corporate benefits programs.
- Implemented new hire introduction process, earning Award for Creation of Best Practices.
- Managed integration of HR operations and programs after 2 major acquisitions.
GE AMERICAN COMMUNICATIONS, Princeton, New Jersey • 1988-1996
Sr. Contracts Administrator; Administrator of Capital Planning & Tariffs; Sr. Financial Analyst
Carried out contract management. Negotiated, prepared, and reviewed commercial and government contracts. Worked with legal, audit, and finance teams to ensure compliance with federal procurement regulations, company policies, and best practices. Performed long-range budgeting, forecasting, and development of capital operating plan. Oversaw tariff administration program. Managed $80 million capital budget program. Liaison for all company-FCC communications.
Projects and Accomplishments:
- Directed contract process from proposal and award phases through operational phase.
- Directed preparation of 1991 operational budget.
- Negotiated over $150 million in contractual launch agreements.
- Earned company awards for reducing costs and improving customer satisfaction.
CAREER NOTES: Previous positions include Chief Financial Officer at PHILADELPHIA RANGER CORP. and Director of Operations at MCJAMES & COMPANY. Details available on request.
EDUCATION AND TRAINING
Juris Doctor; Exemplary Achievement Recognition
Temple University School of Law, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
Outstanding Oral Advocacy Award; Selected for Integrated Trial Advocacy Program
Masters of Public Administration
University of Dayton, Dayton, Ohio
Bachelor of Science in Biology (Pre-Med)
Central State University, Wilberforce, Ohio
Completed Mercer County American Inn of the Court training
Pennsylvania, New Jersey, US District Court – New Jersey
Mercer County Bar Association, Pennsylvania Bar Association, Philadelphia Bar Association, New Jersey State Bar Association, Association of Black Women Lawyers